CBIU have an excellent group of faculty members, efficient and experienced administration for quality administration and teaching, high levels of satisfaction. Our commitment to preparing the student for future career which is evident in every course, bright career and good graduate employment possibilities in future. In addition to this students have access to fantastic and fascinating facilities in a jubilant varsity campus adjoining thrilling beach of the Bay of Bengal.
The focal reasons for the student to study in Cox’s Bazar International University are-
1. You are going to be graduated from a very promising professional university where we work with professionals and companies to make sure that our courses are current and meet professional and industry standards.
2. You will have excellent teaching and administration support and teaching standard have been independently evaluated as being of a high standard.
3. You are going to live and study in an outstanding location where you can easily get the best possible weather, nature and lifestyle combining with multicultural association.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q-1. What are the programs CBIU offers?
Ans: Cox’s Bazar International University (CBIU) offers the following programs:
i. Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
ii. Department of Law
a. Bachelor of Laws (LL.B. Hons.)
iii. Department of English
a. B.A. (Hons.) in English
vi. Department of Computer Science & Engineering
a. B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
ix. Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
a. B.Sc. in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
Post graduate & master Programs:
iii. MA in English
iv. LLB (Pass)
v. Diploma in Library Science
Diploma & Certificate Programs:
i. Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management
ii. Diploma in Computer Science
iii. Certificate course in English
iv. Certificate course in CSE
Q-2. Do CBIU offer dormitory for teachers and Hostel for students?
Ans: At present university authority has arranged residential accommodation for teachers only. For students hostel will be arranged at the adjoining area within a short time.
Q-3. Are there any co-curricular activities?
Ans: Yes, there are scopes for co-curricular activities under the guidance of faculty members.
Q-4. Who can apply for MBA and EMBA course?
Ans: Graduates (B. A./ B. Sc./ B. Com./ B. S. S. or equivalent)/Master’s degree from any discipline.
Q-5. Is there any student counselor, who can guide the student through his/her choice of discipline?
Ans: Yes, a faculty member will act as counselor to look into the matters.
Q-6. What are the minimum qualifications for admission?
Ans: Minimum qualifications for admission into different programs are:
Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Arts, Law, Social Science and Business Related Programs:
- Minimum GPA 2.50 in both S.S.C and H.S.C or equivalent
- Minimum 5 subjects in O-Level and 2 subjects in A-Level with minimum grade of B in 4 subjects and C in 3 subjects
Science and Engineering Related Programs:
- Minimum GPA 2.50 in both S.S.C and H.S.C with science background or equivalent
- Minimum 5 subjects in O-Level and 2 subjects in A-Level with minimum grade of B in 4 subjects and C in 3 subjects from science group
Master’s Degree Programs
- Minimum GPA 2.50 or second division in both S.S.C and H.S.C or equivalent from relevant group
- Minimum 5 subjects in O-Level and 2 subjects in A-Level with minimum grade of B in 4 subjects and C in 3 subjects from relevant group
- Minimum second class or equivalent CGPA in Bachelor’s degree from relevant subject/group
a. Master of Business Administration (MBA), M. A. in English (Preliminary & Final)
- Graduates (B. A./ B. Sc./ B. Com./ B. S. S. or equivalent)/Master’s degree from any discipline
d. M. A. in English (Final)
- B. A. (Hons.) in English / 4 years Bachelor’s degree in English from any recognized university
Q-7. From where will the prospective students get the admission form?
Ans: Admission forms are available in admission office of the university at Kolatoli Circle, Cox’s Bazar- 4700 on payment of Tk. 500.00 or can also download from website.
Prospectus/ Brochure will given free of cost along with admission form.
Q-8. What are the topics and marks distribution of admission test?
Ans: Topics and marks distribution of admission test are:
a. Written examination for Bachelor of Business Administration program:
i. English (SAT based) 30 marks
ii. Aptitude Test 10 marks
iii. Logical Reasoning 10 marks
iv. Related Subject 30 marks
v. GPA in SSC & HSC 10 marks
vi. General Knowledge 10 marks
Total 100 marks
b. Written examination for MBA (Executive) program:
i. English 30 marks
ii. Quantitative Skill & Analytical Ability 10 marks
iii. General Knowledge 10marks
Total 50 marks
e. Written examination for B.A in English program:
i. English 75 marks
ii. Logical Reasoning 15 marks
iii. GPA in SSC & HSC 10 marks
Total 100 marks